The following are presentations that we have used during training sessions for programmers and developers (to access, you will need Microsoft PowerPoint).
- WhyDotNet is a great starter presentation. By examining different types of .net applications, it will help to familiarize you with all the basic need-to-know information about Microsoft.NET.
- ADO.NET. This presentation outlines the design philosophy and architectural structure behind ado.net. It includes a concise listing of 'when to use what,' complete with code examples.
- ADO.NET Whidbey focuses on the components and new features of the Whidbey Beta version of ADO.NET.
- VB.NET. This presentation offers a comprehensive overview of Windows Services, and a step-by-step guide to building Windows Services with vb.net.
- Intro to Yukon looks at the in's and out's of Microsoft's newest version of the Sql Server database.
- Threading with .NET focuses on the processes and possible problems that one might encounter when designing multitask applications in the .net Framework.
- ASP.NET Whidbey gives a concise overview of the new components and specifications that are contained within the ASP.NET Whidbey Beta version. You can also download a zipped file containing Whidbey sample code, as well as a Whidbey Beta logon test.