Wallace B. McClure
Principle Manager, Knoxville Office
Phone: (865) 693-3004
Fax: (865) 693-3069
Wallace B. McClure graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1990 with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. He continued his education there, receiving a Master’s degree in the same field in late 1991. Since that time, McClure has done consulting and development for such companies as Coca-Cola, Bechtel National, Magnatron, and Lucent Technologies, among others. He is the founder and president of McClure Development.
McClure Development also got its start in 1995. A software solutions company, McClure Development utilized various technologies over a span of nearly eight years. Products and services have included work with ASP, ADO, XML, and SQL Server, as well as numerous applications in the Microsoft .NET Framework. McClure Development had a proven client track record with a diversity of applications, from inventory systems development to web-based search engines.
- Department of Education Office of Civil Rights (July 2003 - present) - Working as a subcontractor to develop a Case Management System. Primary Contractor is SAIC.
- Parent of National Hotel Corporation (June 2003 - present) - Inventoried the source code of their existing time tracking application. Using the inventory, I was able to resolve stability problems with the database server and the application.
- Bailey Manufacturing (Apr. 1999 - present) - Integrated a web based front-end using ASP.NET, a Windows Service written in C#. Integration and ASP development were built on SQL Server 2000, and their DB/2 system is running on an AS/400.
- Internet Search Engine (Aug. 2000 - Dec. 2002) - ASP, ADO, XML, SQL Server, MySql, Windows Services, C#, ADO.NET and the .NET Framework were used to design a system that currently handles 1 million unique users and 50 million hits each day.
- Bechtel National (July 2001 - Aug. 2001; Dec. 2002 - Mar. 2003) - Created and led a 4-day training session to intergrate existing Oracle applications and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- State of Tennessee, Department of Children Services (Apr. 2000 - July 2001) - This project included training developers in ASP and ADO. The in-house team and I designed an ASP and SQL Server based system that handles registration, attendance management and billing for training received.
- Magnatron (Apr. 2000 - present) - For the Magnatron accounting system, McClure created a front-end, web based e-commerce system that uses ASP and DB/2; he also developed a Windows based application that creates a graphic image based on AS/400 graphics commands.
- Lucent Technologies (Oct. 1998 - Mar. 2000) - Designed and developed the web front-end of Lucent’s manufacturing system - built with ASP, Visual Basic, MTS/COM+ and Oracle, and including middle-tier components based on COM+, design and development of the inventory management system for the plant and of a data warehouse / data mart for the system.
- University of Tennessee Event Management Services (Jan. 1999 - Aug. 1999) - Designed and developed a system to manage registrations for an event. The system was built with ASP, Visual Basic, and SQL Server.
- RentQuest (June 1997 - Oct. 1997) - Designed and developed a web based system to manage contacts and customers. The system was based on IIS, ASP, and SQL Server.
- MarketLinx (June 1997 - Jan. 1999) - Designed and developed a web based system to handle data entry into an online multiple listing service. The system was built with ASP and SQL Server.
- The Coca-Cola Company (June 1992 - Sept. 1995) - Responsible for new applications brought into the Coca-Cola environment, including custom built internal applications of the shelf software, and working with new technologies from vendors (Microsoft Windows95 and WindowsNT, Novell NetWare, and IBM/Lotus Notes).
- Martin Marietta Energy Systems (Mar. 1990 - Sept. 1990) - Designed and developed an application in Mathematica and C to model the heat exchange unit of a nuclear reactor.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (June 1989 - June 1990) - Using Mathematica, McClure designed and developed software to model common digital signal processing algorithms.
Achievements & Awards
- Co-authored Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX, a programming handbook published by Wrox Press.
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in the area of ASP.NET; 2004-2007.
- Co-authored Beginning Ajax with ASP.NET, a programming handbook published by Wrox Press.
- Inducted as an INETA Speakers Bureau member Spring 2006.
- Co-authored Professional ADO.NET 2: Programming with SQL Server 2005, Oracle, and MySQL, a technical handbook for ADO development.
- Received a personal invitation by Microsoft’s Visual Studio Data Team to be involved in the External Data Design Review Group for the next version of their development tools, currently codenamed Orcas.
- AspInsiders member; the AspInsiders is a group of experts in designing and architechting Web and Widows based applications with the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Received the Microsoft Award for Customer Excellence (ACE) in November 2005 for testing and input on beta versions of Visual Studio 2005.
- Was named “Geek of the Week” by Simple Talk, an online journal for Microsoft technology developers and DBA’s, in May 2005.
- Co-authored Building Highly Scalable Database Applications with .NET, a book focusing on building applications using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Co-authored two papers on Symbolic Signal Processing while at Georgia Tech.